Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Stuff I made




Now that Christmas is over, I can show what I made for Lisa. If I had posted it, then it wouldn't be a surprise for her. The happy part was when I asked Lisa on the phone if she got the package yet. She looked out her window and said, " no, and the mail man is parked at my house, and he's walking away. Oh! He brought a box to our door!" That was exciting. It arrived on time. And I was right there on the phone to hear her excitement.
This beaded temple is for Emily, it's a nightlight. She loves Katie's, she sleeps in Katie's room when they are visiting. Even a couple years ago, she would sing I love to see the temple. I was looking for one to buy and found out I could actually bead it myself. My friend had a pattern for these. Yay! It's done.
The quilt was made for baby Jessica, it was looking so crooked. The little squares weren't staying straight long enough for me to sew them on. At one point I thought I 'd have to write the card to say here is a crooked quilt from a crooked aunt. But after washing it and letting it fray a couple times, it hid all the crookedness, and I was very pleased. Almost wanted to keep it! Tom helped a lot with putting these layers together. We sprayed spray adhesive on each layer and he helped place each square with a dot of glue stick before I sewed it all together. It was fun to work on it together. This is the first year all my kids are in school in the mornings, and my first year Tom is home and not teaching school in the mornings on his days off from his fireman job. We should put another quilt together! After the bathroom cabinets get re stained and re varnished and the caulking gets replaced and the wood trim gets hung around my windows and the hallway gets re painted and the new shelves get built and the other honey dos get done...

5 comments:

The Hillbilly Banjo Queen: said...

That quilt turned out SO CUTE! I love it! And the temple night light is great. I've never seen one. That is fun that you were able to hear her open the present. :) I miss you, Amy. I'm glad all the kids are in school now and you can be with Tom more. Yay!

Wendy said...

You are soo talented Amy! I love the quilt. I don't think I would have the patience to do it! Loved seeing the pics

Walt and Julie Johnson said...

Wow! I'm so impressed! So you glued the squares on the quilt before sewing them on? Do you have a pattern for this? It's soooo cute. (Split pea soup turned out great, but the way :)

Lisa said...

Emily loves the night light!! And the quilt is perfect!! I'm so glad I found your blog!! Yeah! Miss you already! I hope I can come back in May.

Lisa said...

Hey, go to my blog under favorite links, there is a link called 'A love story' It's a blog that the wife does. She woke up in the middle of the night & her husband was barely breathing & in a coma! It's a great story. I've been keeping up on them a little. Neat story. thought I'd share.