This picture is from Mother's Day. We were sitting on a bench in the Provo Cemetery after walking around seeing my mother in law's headstone, thinking of her and talking about her. How I miss her! She taught me how to be a mother. I often talk about her and remember her little lessons but it's her example that taught me the most! She was always thinking of others. My own mom has always been one of my best friends who I have learned from and loved to be with too. When Tom and I were first married I said, "I want my mom!" more than I wish I did. I missed her and it showed on our long distance phone bills!
Lately, a lot of my sentences have begun with, "When I was..."
When I was in Kindergarten we had to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up. I wanted to be a Mom. The teacher said I had to pick something else. I remember crying. I didn't draw anything. I didn't want to be anything but a Mom! I wanted a house, a husband and lots of kids.
The next day a mom came to our class to help. While the rest of the class was busy on something else, I sat at a little table with the mom who helped me finish what I didn't do the day before. I don't remember what it was she said but I have the picture that I ended up drawing. The picture that would satisfy the teacher and complete the assignment. The picture I had to draw. It was a mom. She was wearing a nurse outfit. The sentence says, "I want to be a nurse, but I won't give shots."
When I find it again I will add that picture here...
I love being the mom. Sometimes it feels like I'm the nurse, chauffeur, referee, teacher, maid and the cook. I love it all. I want to do it all. I love our kids! I am so thankful for a loving husband who helps me be the mom. He is a great man. We are blessed to have so much time together with his 48 hours on 96 hours off work schedule.

1 comment:
Should have brought our selfie stick!
Post a Comment