On Saturday I drove to the Manti Temple, a first time for
me. Talitha Daily is here at BYU and she asked for a ride to Mt Pleasant to
take her SAT test. The city bus doesn't leave early enough on a Saturday
morning. It worked out well that I could drive her and Katie came with me. We
dropped her off and drove another twenty minutes to the temple. We went to do
baptisms in Manti while she took her test. It was a good time. I had 20 family
names from around Grandma Dolly's aunts families. I love the golden oxen. I
love that great big old temple. We both noticed the pina colada
soap in the shower and our hair dried super curly so we joked that we felt
refreshed like we had been to a spa.
Since dad challenged us in last Sundays lesson to share
testimony privately and publicly I decided to share our picture on Instagram
but only if I had a scripture or quote to go with it. While we waited for
Talitha to finish her test we searched for something we could write up with the
picture. We had our Personal progress book, scriptures, temple prep manual and
Pinterest. It was great to spend an hour searching together for a quote of
Temple Work or Family history. We both liked this-
"Every foundation stone laid and every temple
completed...lessens the power of Satan and increases the power of God,
Godliness and those who reside in their presence."-Elder Boyd K Packer

No comments:
Post a Comment