Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Provo City Center temple open house usher

Usher at Provo City Center Temple Open House
I learned so much working as an usher in the celestial room and sealing rooms. My first assignment was to stand in the NE corner of the celestial room. I was told we have enemies and to watch for people scratching things as they walk past or drawing with sharpies. Watch for people with little plastic baggies of car oil that they let drip drip drip as they slowly walk by. Watch for packages, any package left I was suppose to hurry and do something about it, let the supervisor know. Everyone was a suspect! I stood there alone thinking how this was Elizabeth's pink temple and nothing was pink inside, it's light purple and green. Then the first person of the day walked into the celestial room, a girl Elizabeth's size wearing a PINK sweater. There was the pink! It made me smile and that was my job, to smile. I smiled at everyone. My smile said," this is the lords house! Come see it!" Everyone looked, saw and noticed the tiny beautiful perfect details. Then it was quiet and nobody came in for a few minutes. Then a blind lady came in with two friends. She wore big glasses and had a blind stick. She paused when she entered the celestial room and said, "wow wow wow!" I felt choked up. My smile changed to say," this is the lords house, come FEEL it." When I was telling Dad this (he was home with Elizabeth while I was gone 5 hours) Elizabeth asked,"so come TOUCH everything?" Haha, it was cute because, NO! I won't be touching anything when we walk through together on my birthday. We told her about feeling good at the temple and she told us it's because Jesus loves us. She is always teaching us. I saw too many mothers grab their kids in the sealing rooms and loudly say," this is where you get married! Here at this altar." Instead I want to show pictures of the altar before we go and let them find it, to be looking for it so I'm not talking to them while they are feeling the tour. I learned a lot of lessons. Our new temple already feels so good. I loved standing there for 5 hours!

No comments: