Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Kevin's first TEXT!

So there we were school shoe shopping.  My boys can't stand shopping.  Really, they sit every chance.  
We went to one more store.  Kevin threw a fit, which is expected.  He is a VERY well behaved boy but normal once in a while too. He throws a fit about getting more than one picture taken and going to more than one store.
I handed him my phone and said he could watch the time, give me 10 or 15 minutes and when the time is up we would leave.  This always satisfies him.  
He was quiet and very patient.  The sale was buy a pair and get the second half off.  We had three pairs, had to find a fourth.  Then we had a fourth and fifth.  Had to find a sixth.  Tristan needs cleats for football, finally the sixth.  I am a sucker for a good sale. Then the time was up.
MOM! We gotta go! MOM!
Tom knew he was holding my phone.  He texted, "let mom finish."
Kevin felt the phone ring in his hands.  He opened it and wrote back, "Okay"
Oh, Tom said, It's Kevin's first TEXT!
Then the next thing I heard was, that should go on the blog!

1 comment:

Shellie said...

Ahhh, first text! At such a tender age, too, I think my first text was at 45... Saw ya on Lister's blog!